Saturday, May 11, 2013

Study Plan

Passing all four sections of the CPA exam the first time is not an easy thing to do. A lot of reviewing and studying have to be done. Applications to sit for the exam sections would have to be submitted six months before taking the test. All the planning and studying pays off big time once the license is attained.

I plan on taking Financial Accounting and Reporting as the first section in the final week of February 2014. I will use Becker review course materials to prepare for each section.

Becker is the leading provider of CPA review course material. The drawback of using Becker is that it is extremely expensive. What makes Becker stand out among the CPA review course providers is its reputation for preparing the CPA candidate well for the sections. Most of the Elijah Watt Sells award recipients prepared using the Becker. I'm sure other review providers have great materials but I hardly hear mention of the statistics of their students winning the Sells award.

I plan on using study groups in the San Diego area. I retain more when I study in groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment